Steve’s commitment to clients and community spans 35 years. His professional experiences as a developer, banker and attorney provides valuable practical and technical knowledge for his residential, ranch and resort real estate clients. Steve’s decades of high profile legal and public service, makes him a known and trusted relationship builder having served as: General Counsel for the regional electric and gas utility; General Counsel for the destination JH ski resort; Executive Director of the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce, Senior VP of a regional bank and founder or manager of many nonprofit organizations, including: The Murie Center in Grand Teton National Park and the Jackson Hole Center for Global Affairs. In 2012, Steve was appointed to the Teton County Planning Commission by the Teton County Board of Commissioners. In 2015, he was elected to The Board of Directors by the members of the Teton County Board of Realtors. In 2016, the JH Chamber of Commerce awarded Steve the prestigious Power of Place Award for career long investment in the conservation legacy of Jackson Hole.
Steve’s considerable experience and success with farm and ranch properties derives from his lifelong immersion in farm and ranch issues and deep concern for sound stewardship of the land. For 55 years Steve’s father was affiliated with the Minneapolis Grain Exchange and owners of farmers’ cooperative grain elevators in the upper mid-west. His father in law owned a vertically integrated cattle enterprise: from farms and ranches in Minnesota, the Dakotas and Nevada, to packing plants in Minnesota, Nebraska and North Dakota, to national wholesale beef sales to retail distributors. After becoming a lawyer and prior to moving to Wyoming, Steve helped manage the interstate trucking division of the beef businesses and spent many years focused on all facets of western cow/calf ranches.
Steve’s Credentials Include:
• Member of Wyoming & National Association of Realtors
• Past Member of Board of Directors, Teton County Realtors & Planning Commission
• Member of Bar: Wyoming and Minnesota; Georgetown University Law Center (1982)
• Real Estate License in Wyoming and Idaho
• Past Executive Director: JH Chamber of Commerce & Murie Center in GTNP
• Founder & Advisory Member, JH Center for Global Affairs
• Presently, General Counsel, Lower Valley Energy, Inc (electric & gas cooperative utility WY/ID)